8. Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA)
Company Profile: Ariad is active in the discovery and development of breakthrough medicines to treat cancers by regulating cell signaling with small molecules.
Share Price: $3.52 (Sept. 8)2010 Stock Performance: 54% Analyst Consensus: Nine of the 10 analysts covering Ariad recommend that investors buy the stock. The other research firm has a "hold" rating. The average of three recent stock-price targets is $6, which is 70% above where the stock trades now. Bullish Case: Leerink Swann analyst Howard Liang has an "outperform" rating, an equivalent of a "buy," and a $6 price target on Ariad. In an Aug. 5 research note, Liang said Ariad's stable finances provide a runway for pipeline advances, adding that a partnership with Merck (MRK) may produce significant royalties.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV