9. Magnum Hunter Resources (MHR)
Company Profile: Magnum Hunter is an independent oil and gas company engaged in the acquisition, drilling and production of energy.
Share Price: $3.86 (Sept. 8)2010 Stock Performance: 149% Analyst Consensus: Like Sirius XM, Magnum Hunter is rated "buy" by eight research firms and "hold" by three. The average of seven recent stock-price targets is $5.72, which is 48% above where the stock currently trades. Bullish Case: In an Aug. 26 research note, McNicoll Lewis Vlak analyst Kim Pacanovsky wrote that Magnum Hunters' "oil focus (with the ability to turn on the gas switch if gas prices improve) gives MHR an advantage over gassier peers." Pacanovsky rates Magnum Hunter a "buy" with a price target of $6.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV