BOSTON (TheStreet) --Stocks trading under $5 typically have no analysts' coverage -- never mind a "buy" rating -- leaving investors to do the homework for themselves. However, a select few boast of favorable coverage from analysts, which can direct share-price movements. The following 10 U.S. stocks trade at less than $5 and have garnered the most "buy" ratings from analysts.
10. Sirius XM (SIRI)
Company Profile: Sirius XM broadcasts music, sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic and weather channels in the U.S. for a subscription fee through its proprietary satellite radio systems. So-called shock jock Howard Stern is a radio personality on Sirius.
Share Price: $1.05 (Sept. 8)2010 Stock Performance: 75% Analyst Consensus: Sirius XM ranks in the top 10 with eight analyst "buy" ratings. Another three say investors should hold the stock. No research firm has a "sell" rating on Sirius XM. The average of seven recent stock-price targets is $1.29, which is 23% above where the stock currently trades. Bullish Case: Miller Tabak analyst David Joyce reiterated his "buy" rating on Sirius XM in a Sept. 3 research note, saying subscriber-acquisitions costs (SAC) per gross addition of $65 "should continue to trend down, due to less expensive consumer-electronics equipment over time." Joyce has a short-term price target of $1.25 and a long-term price target of $1.45.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV