BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Investors in large-cap stocks are already looking ahead to October for the next round of earnings reports. Traders in stocks under $5, though, have their plates full over the next week.
TheStreet narrowed the list of companies investors should be watching to four, ranked by the average trading volume over the past 30 days.
4. Peregrine Pharmaceuticals (PPHM) Company Profile: Peregrine is a biopharmaceutical company that manufactures and develops monoclonal antibodies for the treatment of cancer and serious viral infections. Earnings Reporting Date: Sept. 9 (confirmed) Share Price: $1.34 (Sept. 8 close) 2010 Performance: -54% Analyst Ratings: Peregrine is expected to report a loss of 11 cents a share and revenue of $5.83 million, based on a poll of four analysts by Thomson Reuters. Three analysts cover Peregrine, and each rates the stock a "buy." Two analysts have a price target of $10, which represents 600% upside from where the stock currently trades. Income Statement: In July, Peregrine said it had a fiscal fourth-quarter loss of $7.7 million, or 16 cents a share, widening from a year-earlier loss of $3.6 million, or 9 cents a share. Revenue dropped to $4.4 million in the recent quarter, down from $7.9 million in the year-ago quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV