The value of the purchase agreement for Diplom-Is, the ice cream manufacturer, wasn't disclosed.
Unilever said Diplom-Is has a strong position in the out-of-home segment, such as amusement parks and ice cream bars, allowing Unilever to expand its ice cream offering and deepen its foothold in the Danish ice cream market.
Unilever's ice cream presence in Denmark dates back to 1930.Unilever is also expected to announce on Wednesday a multimillion-dollar investment in San Francisco-based algae-oil harvester Solazyme, according to the Wall Street Journal.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Get more stock ideas and investing advice on our sister site, Stockpickr.com. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. Follow Andrea Tse on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV