This story has been updated with information from HP's lawsuit.
The civil complaint for breach of contract and threatened misappropriation of trade secrets was filed in Santa Clara, Calif., earlier today.
|HP is suing its former CEO Mark Hurd, who took a job at Oracle on Monday.|
"HP ... believes and thereon alleges that Hurd has put HP's most valuable trade secrets and confidential information in peril," HP said in the suit. "In his new position, Hurd will be in a situation in which he cannot perform his duties for Oracle without necessarily using and disclosing HP's trade secrets and confidential information to others."HP also published a statement in a blog post: "Mark Hurd agreed to and signed agreements designed to protect HP's trade secrets and confidential information. HP intends to enforce those agreements." HP is also seeking an order requiring Hurd to provide the computer maker with further information concerning his Oracle role. This is "pursuant to his trade secret protection agreements with HP," said HP. Hurd's recent departure from HP amid an expenses scandal sent shockwaves through the tech sector. The executive, who took the helm at HP following the departure of Carly Fiorina, is credited with turning the tech giant's fortunes around. HP shares fell 44 cents, or 1.09%, to $39.90 on news of the lawsuit. Oracle's stock was up $1.30, or 5.67%, to $24.22. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV