Cramer's Economic Stimulus
In his "Eureka Moment" segment, Cramer shared his eight-point plan for curbing uncertainty in the economy and thus encouraging companies to begin hiring. The key, he said, is to provide some stimulus, but without the taxpayers footing the bill.
1. Reinstate the estate tax. Cramer said the estate tax is the most painless form of taxation and would be a huge pickup in revenue for the government.
2. Tax hedge funds. Cramer said this single move could rake in billions.3. Freeze the Bush tax cuts. Cramer said the timing of these expirations is only hurting us right now. 4. Forget about card check unions until 2013. Cramer said this looming issue is only preventing hiring. 5. Forget about taxing multi-national companies until 2013. Cramer said this too is only creating uncertainty and is ill-timed. 6. Shelve cap and trade. Cramer said Obama needs to abandon cap and trade and simply tell the utility industry it needs to start upgrading all coal plants. 7. Issue 30-year Treasuries. Cramer said the U.S. must seize the opportunity of low rates today and issue enough debt to avoid a liquidity crisis in the future. 8. Bring home the troops in Japan and Germany. "The Cold War is over," said Cramer, adding these bases only cost us money.
Lightning RoundCramer was bullish on Cree (CREE), Waste Management (WM), Apple (AAPL), Panera Bread (PNRA) and Network Appliance (NTAP). He was bearish on SanDisk (SNDK). -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington D.C. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing from his latest book by clicking here. For more of Cramer's insights during the Lightning Round, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV