By Nancy Zambell of InvestorPlace
Unless you've been living under a rock, by now you know that August was characterized by a spate of merger and buyout action across Wall Street -- particularly in the tech sector. That's because corporations are sitting on a boatload of cash and equity prices are relatively depressed, making the time ripe for a takeover or acquisition.
As we enter September after the Labor Day weekend, many investors are rolling up their sleeves and getting into the business of buying, too. If the first few trading months are any indication, we could have a nice rally ahead of us.
So how can you share in the action? A good place to start is to look at affordable stocks that not only have low share prices but also strong outlooks that make them likely targets for significant gains. After all, it's hard to believe that Apple (AAPL) will double from $250 a share to $500. But a stock that's at $5 or $7? Well, a double doesn't seem that impossible.Here are five affordable targets that make great acquisitions for investors in September.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV