"Obesity and hunger have become two sides of the same coin in many economically depressed areas, and I'm proud that through Lose For Good, Weight Watchers, its members and its partners can have a positive impact reversing this troubling situation," said David Kirchhoff, President and CEO Weight Watchers International, Inc.There are many ways to get involved and spread the message of Lose For Good:
- Visit the Lose For Good website: www.weightwatchers.com/loseforgood
- Success Walls: Online subscribers and Community users will be encouraged to build "Success Walls" constructed of collected food that represent their weight loss. They can then donate the food on or around October 23 (Donation Day) via an official Weight Watchers Meetup at a food bank or food drive by visiting www.meetup.com/weightwatchers.
- Lose For Good Tab on the Weight Watchers Facebook page: Visit www.facebook.com/weightwatchers for updated information and videos
- Action Tuesdays: On six Tuesdays during the campaign, Weight Watchers eTools subscribers and Weight Watchers Online subscribers will be invited to participate in specific tasks, and for each task, Weight Watchers will donate $1 to Share Our Strength and Action Against Hunger (up to $5,000 per Tuesday as part of the larger corporate donation)
- Lose-A-Palooza: A one-day social media event taking place on September 14th that will help further spread the Lose For Good message. Weight Watchers will donate $1 to Share Our Strength and Action Against Hunger for every accepted mention or acknowledgment of "Lose For Good" made on September 14th through blogs, Twitter, Facebook and check-ins via foursquare (up to $60,000 as part of the larger corporate donation)
- Member Local Food Drives: Select Weight Watchers meeting locations will be holding local food drives throughout the duration of the campaign where members can donate food that will be given to local food banks