Hurco Fiscal 3Q Loss Narrows Slightly
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) â¿¿ Hurco Companies Inc., which designs and produces software and computerized tools for shaping metal, reported smaller third-quarter losses Friday with rising revenues offset by much higher costs.
The company posted a loss of $1.17 million, or 18 cents per share, compared with a year-earlier loss of $1.23 million, or 19 cents per share.
Revenue jumped 39 percent to $26.5 million from $19 million a year earlier. Costs rose 58 percent to $21.8 million.
Hurco said sales in the quarter were driven by demand for computerized metal cutting machines, especially in the Asia Pacific region. The region's sales were mostly driven by growth in China and the introduction of lower-priced machines in India, Hurco said.Compared with the third quarter of fiscal 2009, shipments increased in North America by 25 percent and in Europe by 38 percent. Shipments in the Asia Pacific sales region more than doubled.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV