Shares of Bank Mutual Corporation (BKMU) of Milwaukee closed at $5.23 Wednesday, down 23% for 2010.
Bank Mutual Corp. is not a TARP participant. The company had $3.5 billion in total assets as of June 30 and was strongly capitalized with main thrift subsidiary Bank Mutual reporting a tier 1 leverage ratio of 9.85% and a total risk-based capital ratio of 21.84%. The nonperforming assets ratio for the thrift subsidiary was 2.25% as of June 30, rising from 1.31% a year earlier, although actual loan losses have been very low over the past year. Stock Ratios The shares traded for 0.7 times tangible book value as of Wednesday's close. Analyst Ratings Just two analysts cover Bank Mutual Corp. and both have hold ratings on the shares. While Bank Mutual Corp. is clearly a healthy company, its business model suffers in a prolonged period of low interest rates, and it's conceivable that the company's investors and board of directors could decide to throw in the towel at some point and salve returns by selling the company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV