Toronto-Dominion, intent on significantly growing its market share in the U.S. banking markets, said Thursday that third-quarter profit surged 29%, fueled by strong retail banking results in Canada and continued expansion in the U.S.
Toronto-Dominion recorded third-quarter profit of CA$1.18 billion (U.S. $1.12 billion), or CA$1.29 (U.S. $1.23) a share, it said in its latest fiscal quarterly earnings release. That compares to Toronto-Dominion's profit of CA$912 million (U.S. $868 million), or CA$1.01 a share (U.S. 96 cents), in the year-earlier quarter. The Canadian bank's fiscal third quarter ended on July 31.
"Our third quarter results really tell the growth story of our retail businesses on both sides of the border," Toronto-Dominion's president and CEO Ed Clark said in the earnings release. "Canadian personal and commercial Banking
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV