Abercrombie & Fitch Reports August Sales Results
NEW ALBANY, Ohio, Sept. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) today reported net sales of $353.7 million for the four-week period ended August 28, 2010, a 14% increase from net sales of $309.5 million for the four-week period ended August 29, 2009. August comparable store sales increased 6%. For the fiscal month, total Company direct-to-consumer net merchandise sales increased 43% to $26.5 million. For the fiscal month, total Company international net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 80% to $50.8 million.
Year-to-date, the Company reported net sales of $1.787 billion, a 15% increase from net sales of $1.549 billion last year. Comparable store sales increased 4% for the year-to-date period. Year- to-date, total Company direct-to-consumer net merchandise sales increased 45% to $164.2 million. Year-to-date, total Company international net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 90% to $303.1 million.
Additional information regarding sales for fiscal August can be found in a pre-recorded message accessible for two weeks from today, by dialing (800) 395-0662 or, internationally, by dialing (402) 220-1262.
August 2010 Highlights
- Total Company net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 14%
- Total Company domestic net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 8%
- Total Company international net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 80%
- Total Company comparable store sales increased 6%
- Total Company direct-to-consumer net merchandise sales increased 43%
- Abercrombie & Fitch comparable store sales increased 9%
- abercrombie kids comparable store sales decreased 9%
- Hollister Co. comparable store sales increased 7%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV