The discount retailer, in a statement Thursday, said sales were strongest during the quarter in its consumables category.
Fiscal-year same-store sales rose 4.8%, while total sales gained 6.3% to $7.87 billion.
"In fiscal 2010, we enhanced our assortment, worked to make our stores easier to shop, and expanded our operating hours to provide our customers with more convenience," said Chairman and CEO Howard Levine, in a statement. "These investments have delivered solid results and position us well for continued growth in fiscal 2011."-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV