GM's IPO Reportedly to Price Nov. 17
DETROIT (TheStreet) -- General Motors' initial public offering is expected to price on Nov. 17 with the shares making their public debut the following day, a report says.
GM plans to begin courting investors for its IPO the day after the Nov. 2 midterm congressional elections in the U.S., Reuters reports, citing two sources familiar with the plans.
Waiting until after the elections would also allow bankers to possibly tout GM's third-quarter results to investors although the automaker has cautioned that the second half of the year will show a slowdown from the first half, Reuters notes.
On Aug. 18, GM filed for its IPO, saying some shareholders will sell common stock while the company will issue convertible junior preferred stock. The stock will trade on the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock ExchangeThe IPO could be worth as much as $20 billion, according to Reuters. General Motors reported Wednesday that sales in August fell 25% from a year earlier, reflecting tough comparisons with August 2009 when "Cash for Clunkers" stimulated buying. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV