Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected Costco to report a same-store sales increase of 4.2%.
Costco, in a statement Thursday, said U.S. same-store sales in August increased 6% and international sales jumped 11%.
Excluding gasoline and foreign exchange, August same-store sales rose 5%; analysts had forecast a rise of 3.6% on this basis.Costco said fourth-quarter net sales rose 8% to $23.6 billion while same-store sales rose 6%. Fiscal-year net sales gained 9% to $76.3 billion and same-store sales were 7% higher. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV