The Law Office Of Robbins Umeda LLP Announces An Investigation Of The Acquisition Of American Physicians Service Group, Inc. By ProAssurance Corporation
Robbins Umeda LLP ("Robbins Umeda") has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law by members of the Board of Directors ("Board") of American Physicians Service Group, Inc. ("APS" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: AMPH) in connection with their efforts to sell APS to ProAssurance Corporation ("ProAssurance") (NYSE: PRA). If the transaction is completed, APS shareholders will receive $32.50 in cash for each share of APS common stock they hold. The transaction is expected to close during the fourth quarter of this year.
Robbins Umeda's investigation concerns whether APS's Board undertook a fair process to obtain fair consideration for all shareholders of APS. Specifically, our investigation concerns whether the members of the Company's Board breached their fiduciary duties by entering into an agreement to sell the Company to ProAssurance at an unfair price. Notably, at least one analyst set a price target for the Company at $35 per share. Additionally, APS has strong future growth prospects, as shown by the 28.6% growth in its second quarter 2010 diluted Earnings Per Share.
If you are a shareholder of APS, plan to continue to hold your shares, and would like more information about your rights as a shareholder, please contact attorney Gregory E. Del Gaizo at 800-350-6003 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Robbins Umeda LLP is a California-based law firm with significant experience representing investors in merger-related shareholder class actions, shareholder derivative actions, and securities fraud class actions. For more information about the firm, please go to http://www.robbinsumeda.com.Advertisement
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV