Anyone waiting for news about a Verizon (VZ) iPhone, however, was sorely disappointed, as Apple CEO Steve Jobs refreshed the company's line of portable music players. This included new versions of the iPod nano and iPod Touch. The Apple boss also took the wraps off Ping, a music-focused social network for iTunes users.
The Apple event took place at San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center, although the tech giant broke with recent tradition and offered a live stream of its press conference.
Read on for more highlights from today's Apple event:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV