Finkelstein Thompson LLP Announces Investigation Of Cogent, Inc.
Finkelstein Thompson LLP is investigating potential claims on behalf of shareholders of Cogent Inc. (“Cogent” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: COGT) concerning the proposed sale of the Company to 3M for approximately $10.50 per share.
The investigation is focused on the potential unfairness of the price to Cogent’s shareholders and the process by which the Cogent Board of Directors shopped the Company and considered the transaction. In particular, according to Yahoo! Finance, at least one analyst has set a target price of $16.00 for Cogent stock, and the Company’s shares traded as high as $11.29 as recently as January 21, 2010. The investigation is also focused on potential conflicts of interests on the part of Board members, particularly in light of the Company’s announcement that Ming Hsieh, Cogent’s CEO and Chairman of the Board, will “remain an integral part” of the new company if the deal is consummated.
If you are interested in discussing your rights as a Cogent shareholder, or have information relating to this investigation, please contact Finkelstein Thompson's Washington, DC offices at (877) 337-1050 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finkelstein Thompson LLP has spent over three decades delivering outstanding representation to institutional and individual clients in financial litigation, and has been appointed as lead or co-lead counsel in dozens of shareholder class actions. Indeed, the firm has served in leadership roles in cases that have recovered over $1 billion for investors and consumers.To learn more about Finkelstein Thompson LLP, please visit our web site at www.finkelsteinthompson.com. Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV