14 Penny Stocks Get Delisting Warning
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- U.S. stocks recorded their worst August performance in nine years, hurt by concern over a sagging economy. The Nasdaq bore the brunt of the decline, with a 6.2% slide, pushing 14 member companies closer to being booted from the stock exchange. All were notified in August that they are in violation of a rule that requires their shares to trade above $1. The companies now have less than six months to regain compliance.
Cascade Financial (CASB) last closed higher than $1 on June 18, days before shareholders at the annual meeting approved a proposal to increase authorized common stock to 65 million shares from 25 million. There are 12.3 million shares of Cascade Financial shares outstanding as of the end of the second quarter.
Company Profile: Cascade Financial is the bank holding company of Cascade Bank, which offers a range of commercial banking services. Based in Everett, Wash., Cascade employs 220 people.
Closing Price: 31 cents (Sept. 1)Three-Month Stock Performance: -77.2% Received Nasdaq Notice: Aug. 3 Management's Expected Action: Cascade Financial has until Jan. 31 to regain compliance with the minimum closing bid price requirement. On Aug. 6, Cascade said it "intends to actively monitor the bid price" for its common stock and "will consider available options to regain compliance with the Nasdaq minimum bid price requirement."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV