Shareholder Update: Investigation Of Acquisition Of Cogent By Tripp Levy PLLC
Tripp Levy PLLC, a leading national securities law firm, announces an investigation into the proposed acquisition of Cogent, Inc. (NASDAQ: COGT). On August 30, 2010, Cogent announced that it had entered into an agreement to be acquired by 3M Co. (NYSE: MMM). Under the terms of the agreement, Cogent shareholders will receive $10.50 in cash for each Cogent share of common stock they own.
The investigation concerns, among other things, whether the consideration to be paid to Cogent shareholders is grossly unfair, inadequate, and substantially below the fair or inherent value of Cogent. Indeed, analysts have projected that the company’s inherent value is at least $16 per share. The investigation further concerns whether the directors of Cogent may have breached their fiduciary duties by not acting in Cogent shareholders' best interests in connection with the sale process of Cogent.
If you own Cogent common stock and you wish to discuss this matter with us, or have any questions concerning your rights and interests with regard to this matter, please contact:
|Tripp Levy PLLC|
|125 East 82 nd Street|
|9 th Floor|
|New York, New York|
|Toll Free: 877-772-3975|
Tripp Levy PLLC is a national law firm that specializes in mergers & acquisitions, takeover litigation, shareholder rights, and corporate governance matters in state and federal courts throughout the United States.Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV