NEW YORK (TheStreet) -TheStreet Ratings' stock model upgraded Fred's (FRED) to 'Buy' from 'Hold'. Net income at this $432 million market cap, retailing pharmacy rose by 17% to $5 million in the second quarter of 2010 when compared to the year earlier quarter.
TheStreet Ratings released rating changes on 16 additional U.S. common stocks for August 31, 2010. In total, 11 stocks were downgraded and six stocks have been upgraded by our stock model.
Revenue at Fred's grew just 3.5% to $449 million in the second quarter, from the same quarter one year earlier. Learn more about Fred's: Company Profile, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Stock Ratios, Analyst Ratings
Heading the other direction, being downgraded to 'Hold' from 'Buy', is SIFCO Industries (SIF). The stock of this $53 million market capitalization, aerospace metalworking manufacturer, has lost 41% of its value since the end of March and is trading near the 52-week low of $10 a share. At SIFCO Industries, fiscal third quarter revenue declined 17% over the year earlier quarter which net income dropped 59% over the same period. Learn more about SIFCO: Company Profile, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Stock Ratios, Analyst Ratings-- Reported by Kevin Baker in Jupiter, Fla.
For additional Investment Research check out our Ratings Research Center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV