Altman Z-Score, Current: 1.97
Altman Z-Score, 2009: 1.68
J. Alexander's (JAX) came dangerously close to the "distressed" threshold with a Z-Score of 1.97. Still, the full-service casual dining chain got itself out of the danger zone where it was in 2009 with a score of just 1.68.Last month J. Alexander's said it returned to profitability in the second quarter, helped by stronger overall revenue. The Nashville-based company earned $26,000, or zero cents per share, after losing $796,000, or 12 cents per share, in the year-earlier quarter. Revenue pushed up 4.6% to $36.3 million. Average weekly same-store sales increased 4.7% year-over-year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV