Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Altman Z-Score, Current: 2.54
Altman Z-Score, 2009: 2.37
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB) also ranked in the grey area with a Z-Score of 2.54, an improvement from 2009 when its score came in at 2.37.Last month Red Robin posted weaker-than-expected quarterly profits and reduced its outlook, sending investors scrambling. Comps fell 1.2% in Red Robin's fiscal-second quarter on a 2.1% drop in average guest check, partially offset by a 0.9% uptick in guest counts. In line with the restaurant chain's improving Z-Score, its quarterly comps figure was a marked improvement from year-earlier declines of 11.5%. U.S.-based comps fell 2% in the recent quarter while stores in Canada grew comps by 0.8%. Weak results were attributed to soft sales at Red Robin's California and Arizona locations where 25% of the company's restaurants are located. Those two states have been consistently plagued by higher-than-average unemployment rates. The Colorado-based company expects comps to be positive 0.5% for the current fiscal year, and plans to step up its national ad campaign and open 15 new restaurants. A new CEO, Stephen Carley, a former chief executive of El Pollo Loco, will take the reigns beginning Sept. 15, replacing Dennis Mullen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV