Altman Z-Score, Current: 2.57
Altman Z-Score, 2009: 2.57
Ruby Tuesday (RT) is the least risky of the group, with a Z-Score of 2.57 for the last 12 months, flat from the previous year. But the casual restaurant chain remains on shaky ground.In its recent quarterly report, Ruby Tuesday posted a decline in year-over-year revenues, booking a 1.2% drop in sales to $313.5 million, missing expectations by just under $1 million. The softening was primarily driven by the shuttering of 16 company-owned restaurants in its fiscal-fourth quarter compared with the year-earlier period. The all-important metric of same-store sales, also known as comps, which measure sales at well-established stores open at least one year, grew just 0.3% at Ruby Tuesday-owned restaurants last quarter, while franchised locations saw same-store sales drop 0.5%. Even so, Ruby Tuesday's profits grew by healthy percentages and earnings of $21 million, or 33 cents per share, easily beat Wall Street's expectations. The casual restaurant chain also forecast disappointing fiscal 2011 earnings per share in a range of 76 cents to 86 cents, and cautioned that its operating margins would be down for the year as it invests more money into a higher-quality menu and new product offerings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV