5. Ford (F) designs and manufactures cars and trucks. Ford's second-quarter net income increased 15% to $2.6 billion, but earnings per share fell 12% to 61 cents, hurt by a higher share count. Revenue gained 31% to $35 billion. The operating margin turned positive. The balance sheet stores $31 billion of cash and $117 billion of debt. Ford is running a shareholders' deficit, but it has decreased 67% since the year-earlier quarter to $3.6 billion.
Its stock sells for a trailing earnings multiple of 6.8, a forward earnings multiple of 5.8, a sales multiple of 0.3 and a cash flow multiple of 3.1 -- 63%, 76%, 42% and 10% discounts to auto peer averages. Of researchers following Ford, nine, or 56%, rate its stock "buy", six rate it "hold" and one ranks it "sell." A median target of $15.90 suggests a return of 42%. UBS (UBS) predicts the stock will advance 51% to $17.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV