Finally, the analyst thinks SkyWest may not be done dealing yet. He theorizes that the company could take the roughly $675 million that will be left over after the XpressJets deal is done, and do some more shopping, maybe making a run at fellow regional Comair, which Delta has been looking to sell.
McAdoo also theorized SkyWest could ramp up its buyback program, or go after a private regional jet operator, among other options, before concluding: "In summary, SKYW is not appreciated as a profitable growth story in a shrinking industry."
SkyWest's second-quarter earnings of 33 cents a share fell short of Wall Street's consensus estimate for a profit of 38 cents a share when it reported on August 4. McAdoo's upgrade tilts analyst sentiment on the company in the positive direction for the first time in a while.
He previously was one of the three analysts with the equivalent of a hold rating on the stock among a total of five, according to Thomson Reuters. That status quo was in place for at least two months.-- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV