The dog days of summer are drawing to a close, and despite some of the rocky market conditions in recent weeks, there is a lot to be optimistic about. Volume is picking up, second-quarter earnings were very strong across Wall Street, midterm elections hold the promise of change and eurozone troubles appear to at last be behind us.
So where do investors go from here? Well, that depends on your strategy. For those looking to hunker down and stay on the defensive, there are a number of great high-yield dividend stocks and bedrock investments out there. For the aggressive traders looking to get a piece of the coming surge, there are biotech stocks and emerging market picks that are just at the beginning of their growth curve.
Whatever your investment strategy, here are seven top stock picks from our InvestorPlace experts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV