Health Education Solutions Launches Stroke Special Section Online For Healthcare Professionals
LINCOLN, Neb., Aug. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- About 795,000 Americans suffer a stroke every year. Healthcare professionals trained in stroke recognition and care save many of their lives. Health Education Solutions, the leading provider of continuing education solutions for healthcare professionals, today released a new Stroke Special Section , a series of articles, vignettes and important facts about the American Heart Association's stroke certification courses, available in its online research library. The 10-article special section is free for healthcare providers, first responders and individuals who simply want to be prepared to provide emergency care.
"Stroke is the third leading cause of death in the United States. Now more than ever, it's vital for healthcare professionals to have the knowledge, training, and resources to recognize a stroke and understand the steps to take to maximize survival," said David King, president of Health Education Solutions. "Whether you're seeking to update your professional skills or just want to be prepared for a medical emergency, Health Education Solutions' research library and online courses make vital information easily accessible."
The special section includes information and stories about stroke and other related topics. Here are some highlights:
- Recognizing the Signs of Stroke
- Trends in Stroke
- Common Stroke Risk Factors
- Differentiating Stroke from Mimics
- The Seven D's of Stroke Survival
Health Education Solutions provides the cognitive portions of each American Heart Association (AHA) course, including Acute Stroke, Stroke Prehospital Care and Stroke Hospital-based Care, entirely online. The courses' web-based, self-paced modules offer a flexible training option for busy healthcare professionals seeking to learn lifesaving skills. Following the online course, students are required to meet with an American Heart Association instructor to complete a hands-on skills practice session and test.Other courses offered through the American Heart Association Enterprise Program include Heartsaver® First Aid Online Part 1, Heartsaver® CPR and AED Online Part 1, Heartsaver® First Aid Online with CPR & AED Part 1 and Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens online courses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV