The stock is trading at an attractive forward PE of 6.87. On Aug. 13, Rodman & Renshaw reiterated a market outperform rating on the stock with a price target of $9.
ChinaEdu is an educational service provider for the online degree programs of Chinese universities. The company's services include academic program development, technology services, enrollment marketing, recruiting, student support services, and finance operations.
For the quarter ended June 2010, the company reported earnings of 12 cents per share, topping analysts' estimates of 8 cents per share. Revenues grew 13% year-over-year to $14.7 million. The number of students for the online degree programs during 2010 spring semester increased by about 6.8% to over 157,000 from approximately 147,000 for the corresponding period in 2009.
The company is committed to continue its research and development efforts on the technology platform, Internet and mobile applications for both online degree and non-degree programs. On Aug. 20, Piper Jaffray reiterated a neutral rating on the stock with a price target of $8.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV