The stock is trading at an attractive forward PE of 6.87. On Aug. 13, Rodman & Renshaw reiterated a market outperform rating on the stock with a price target of $9.
ChinaEdu is an educational service provider for the online degree programs of Chinese universities. The company's services include academic program development, technology services, enrollment marketing, recruiting, student support services, and finance operations.
For the quarter ended June 2010, the company reported earnings of 12 cents per share, topping analysts' estimates of 8 cents per share. Revenues grew 13% year-over-year to $14.7 million. The number of students for the online degree programs during 2010 spring semester increased by about 6.8% to over 157,000 from approximately 147,000 for the corresponding period in 2009.
The company is committed to continue its research and development efforts on the technology platform, Internet and mobile applications for both online degree and non-degree programs. On Aug. 20, Piper Jaffray reiterated a neutral rating on the stock with a price target of $8.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV