Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Launches An Investigation Into The Possible Breaches Of Fiduciary Duty By The Board Of Cogent Inc. In Connection With The Sale Of The Company To 3M Co. - COGT
Levi & Korsinsky is investigating the Board of Directors of Cogent Inc. (“Cogent” or the “Company”) (NasdaqGS: COGT) for possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law in connection with their attempt to sell the Company to 3M Co. ("3M") (NYSE: MMM). Under the terms of the transaction, Cogent shareholders will receive $10.50 in cash for each Cogent share of common stock they own for a total transaction value of approximately $943 million, or approximately $430 million net of cash acquired.
The investigation concerns whether the Cogent Board of Directors breached their fiduciary duties to Cogent stockholders by failing to adequately shop the Company before entering into this transaction and whether 3M is underpaying for Cogent shares, thus unlawfully harming Cogent stockholders. In particular, Cogent stock traded at $10.73 per share as recently as March 12, 2010 and the mean price target set by analysts for Cogent stock is $13.42 per share with at least one analyst setting a $16.00 per share price target.
If you own common stock in Cogent and wish to obtain additional information, please contact Joseph E. Levi, Esq. either via email at email@example.com or by telephone at (212) 363-7500 or visit http://www.zlk.com/cogent-cogt.html.
Levi & Korsinsky has expertise in prosecuting investor securities litigation and extensive experience in actions involving financial fraud and represents investors throughout the nation, concentrating its practice in securities and shareholder litigation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV