Bernstein Liebhard LLP Announces Investigation Of Acquisition Of Cogent, Inc. By 3M Company
Bernstein Liebhard LLP is investigating whether the Board of Directors of Cogent Inc. (“Cogent” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: COGT) breached its fiduciary duty to its shareholders in agreeing to sell Cogent to 3M Co. (“3M”) (NYSE: MMM).
Under the terms of the agreement, Cogent shareholders will receive $10.50 in cash for each share they own, placing the total value of the transaction at approximately $933 million. The investigation is focused on the potential unfairness of the price to Cogent shareholders and the process by which the Cogent Board of Directors considered and approved the transaction.
If you are interested in discussing your rights as a Cogent shareholder and/or have information relating to the matter, please contact U. Seth Ottensoser at (877) 779-1414 or Ottensoser@bernlieb.com.
Bernstein Liebhard has pursued hundreds of securities, consumer and shareholder rights cases and recovered almost $3 billion for its clients. It has been named to The National Law Journal’s “Plaintiffs’ Hot List” in each of the last seven years.
|Bernstein Liebhard LLP|
|10 East 40th Street|
|New York, New York 10016|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV