Drug/indication:Bydureon for diabetes
Approval decision date:Oct. 22, 2010
Recent stock performance: At just over $20 a share, Amylin is up 43% for the year.This is the second FDA review cycle for Bydureon, a once-weekly injectable drug for diabetes.
Vivus (VVUS) Drug/indication: Qnexa for obesity Approval decision date: October 28, 2010 Recent stock performance: At $5.61, Vivus' value was cut in half by the negative FDA advisory panel vote. The odds in favor of Qnexa's approval took a big hit in July when an FDA advisory panel voted against the drug's approval due to a lack of long-term safety data. Vivus is expected to announce results from a two-year safety study of Qnexa in the third quarter.
Biodel (BIOD) Drug/indication: VIAject for diabetes Approval decision date: Oct. 29, 2010 Recent stock performance: Closed Friday at $3.88. The stock has traded as low as $3.22 and as high as $6.25 this year. VIAject is a fast-acting insulin analogue designed for absorption into the bloodstream faster than currently marketed rapid-acting insulins.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV