SunPower Shines on Analyst Upgrade
Soleil Securities upgraded shares of SunPower to buy from hold, noting that "checks indicate that a large volume of system development business in the
SunPower shares jumped 10.2% at midday, to $11.05.
The equity research firm expects SunPower to post earnings of 90 cents per share over the next fourth months.Earlier this week solar industry peer Trina Solar (TSL) experienced mixed broker action, a day after the Chinese manufacturer of solar photovoltaic products beat earnings expectations and upped its forecast for solar shipment volume. >> Trina Solar Slides on Mixed Analyst Views "Trina is speaking for the group and we've heard similar stories from all of Trina's Chinese peers and from First Solar (FSLR) in the U.S.," Auriga analyst Mark W. Bachman told TheStreet. By reporting last in the queue of earnings reports in the sector, Trina had more time to look at future demand and was therefore the first to give a real indication that demand in 2011 will be stronger. Bachman reiterated his buy recommendation, and upped his price target by $5 to $41 per share. Trina raised its capacity numbers for growth between 40% and 50%, and expects to achieve scale of 1.5 gigawatts by the end of 2011. >> Trina Solar Forecasts Brighter Future
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV