By InvestorPlace Staff
As investors are pulling out their hair watching stocks plummet in the stock market, there are some emerging market stocks doing quite well. And one sector that continues to improve in many regions is, strangely enough, financials. That's because as emerging economies build infrastructure and get businesses up to speed, they rely on loans to finance rapid growth. Similarly, emerging middle classes sock away more cash in banks as they have more disposable income and a desire for greater financial security.
Here are seven foreign financial stocks that have each seen values soar this summer, producing year-to-date returns for investors that all top +20%. While big bank stocks in the U.S. are flopping, financial stocks in South America and India are enjoying some impressive success in 2010.
Emerging market investors may want to take a close look at these financial stocks right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV