Boeing, in a statement, said the revised date follows an assessment of the availability of an engine needed for the final phases of flight testing this fall.
The aerospace company said it would work closely with Rolls-Royce to expedite engine availability, while flight testing across the test fleet continues as planned.
Boeing said in July that the cumulative impact of a series of issues could push first delivery of the 787 a few weeks into 2011. Some of the issues included supplier workmanship issues related to the horizontal stabilizer and instrumentation delays.The development of the Dreamliner has been hit by a series of delays. Boeing said the schedule revision won't affect its financial guidance. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel . >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV