NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Following an exclusive interview with John Millman, during which the Sterling Bancorp (STL) President said his firm was considering acquisitions, TheStreet has developed a list of potential bank targets in the New York Tri-state area.
Millman also said his bank was taking advantage of the "constant change and flux" in the small business lending market following the bankruptcy of CIT Group and because lenders including Merrill Lynch - acquired by Bank of America (BAC) in January 2009 - Wachovia, which was acquired by Wells Fargo (WFC) in December 2008, and Washington Mutual, which failed and was purchased from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation by JPMorgan Chase (JPM) in September 2008, have essentially exited the market.
Sterling Bancorp's numbers reflect the bank's success in growing its business lending, as its loan portfolio grew 15% over the year ended June 30.
Click the image below for the list of ten commercial banks in the New York Tri-state with the highest asset concentrations in commercial and industrial loans:
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Philip van Doorn. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV