Global Ship Lease Announces Expiration Of Warrants
LONDON, Aug. 25, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Ship Lease, Inc. (NYSE:GSL), a containership charter owner, announced today that on August 24, 2010 all of its warrants issued in connection with the initial public offering of its predecessor Marathon Acquisition Corp. expired in accordance with their terms and are no longer outstanding.
About Global Ship Lease Global Ship Lease is a containership charter owner. Incorporated in the Marshall Islands, Global Ship Lease commenced operations in December 2007 with a business of owning and chartering out containerships under long-term, fixed rate charters to world class container liner companies.
Global Ship Lease owns 17 vessels with a total capacity of 66,297 TEU with a weighted average age at June 30, 2010 of 6.3 years. All of the current vessels are fixed on long-term charters to CMA CGM with an average remaining term of 8.6 years. Global Ship Lease has contracts in place to purchase two 4,250 TEU newbuildings from German interests for approximately $77 million each that are scheduled to be delivered in the fourth quarter of 2010 and has agreements to charter out these newbuildings to Zim Integrated Shipping Services Limited for seven or eight years at charterer's option.
CONTACT: The IGB Group Investor and Media Contact: Michael Cimini 212-477-8261
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV