Schmitt Industries Announces Annual Meeting Date
PORTLAND, Ore., Aug. 24, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Schmitt Industries (Nasdaq:SMIT) announced today that its Annual Meeting of Shareholders will be held on Friday, October 8, 2010 at 3:00 p.m. local time, at the Company's headquarters at 2765 NW Nicolai St., Portland, Oregon.
Shareholders will be asked to elect two Class 1 Directors and transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting. Shareholders of record as of the close of business on August 27, 2010 are entitled to receive notice of, to attend and to vote at the Annual Meeting of Shareholders.
About Schmitt IndustriesSchmitt Industries, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets precise test and measurement products in two business segments: the Balancer Segment which includes computer-controlled balancing and process-monitoring equipment which the company sells to the machine tool industry, and the Measurement Segment, which includes precision laser-based measurement systems for surface roughness and dimensional and distance measurement application and ultrasonic measurement products for remote monitoring of chemical storage tanks. The Company sells and markets its products in Europe through its wholly owned subsidiary, Schmitt Europe Ltd., located in the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.schmitt-ind.com .
CONTACT: Schmitt Industries, Inc. Investor Relations Linda M. Case (503) 227-7908 www.schmitt-ind.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV