4. General Mills (GIS - Get Report) makes food products. Fiscal fourth-quarter profit fell 41% to $212 million, or 31 cents a share, as revenue declined 2.1% to $3.6 billion. The operating margin narrowed from 20% to 13%. General Mills has $678 million of cash and $6.4 billion of debt, converting to a quick ratio of 0.5 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.2. Its stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 13 and a cash flow multiple of 11, 12% and 9% discounts to industry averages. Around 81% of researchers rate the stock "buy." A median target of $40.50 implies 14% of potential growth.
10 Top-Rated Defensive Stocks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.