4. General Mills (GIS - Get Report) makes food products. Fiscal fourth-quarter profit fell 41% to $212 million, or 31 cents a share, as revenue declined 2.1% to $3.6 billion. The operating margin narrowed from 20% to 13%. General Mills has $678 million of cash and $6.4 billion of debt, converting to a quick ratio of 0.5 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.2. Its stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 13 and a cash flow multiple of 11, 12% and 9% discounts to industry averages. Around 81% of researchers rate the stock "buy." A median target of $40.50 implies 14% of potential growth.
10 Top-Rated Defensive Stocks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.