6. Snap-on (SNA - Get Report) makes hand and power tools. Second-quarter profit expanded 21% to $45 million, or 78 cents a share, as revenue grew 7.5%. The operating margin remained steady at 13%. Snap-on has $431 million of cash and $923 million of debt, translating to a quick ratio of 1.6 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.7. Its stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 11 and a book value multiple of 1.9, 35% and 38% discounts to machinery peer averages. Roughly 80% of analysts rate the stock "buy." A median target of $56.83 implies 34% of upside.
10 Top-Rated Defensive Stocks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.