6. Snap-on (SNA - Get Report) makes hand and power tools. Second-quarter profit expanded 21% to $45 million, or 78 cents a share, as revenue grew 7.5%. The operating margin remained steady at 13%. Snap-on has $431 million of cash and $923 million of debt, translating to a quick ratio of 1.6 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.7. Its stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 11 and a book value multiple of 1.9, 35% and 38% discounts to machinery peer averages. Roughly 80% of analysts rate the stock "buy." A median target of $56.83 implies 34% of upside.
10 Top-Rated Defensive Stocks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.