7. United Technologies (UTX - Get Report) builds elevators, HVAC systems and helicopters. Second-quarter profit increased 14% to $1.1 billion, or $1.20 a share, as revenue grew 5.6% to $14 billion. The operating margin remained steady at 14%. United Technologies has $5 billion of cash and $12 billion of debt. Its stock sells for a forward earnings multiple of 13, a sales multiple of 1.2 and a cash flow multiple of 11, on par with industry averages. Of analysts covering United, 79% advocate purchasing its shares. A median target of $83.90 suggests a potential return of 26%.
10 Top-Rated Defensive Stocks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.