8. Lorillard (LO) sells cigarettes, including the Newport brand. Second-quarter net income dropped 8.1% to $263 million, but earnings per share inched up 1.2% to $1.73. Revenue ascended 0.3%. The operating margin narrowed from 44% to 43%. Lorillard has $1.8 billion of cash and $1.8 billion of debt. Its stock trades at a trailing earnings multiple of 12 and a forward earnings multiple of 11, 15% and 18% discounts to peer averages. Its PEG ratio of 0.9 signals a 10% discount to fair value. A median target of $88.62 implies 17% of potential upside.
10 Top-Rated Defensive Stocks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.