(Trina Solar earnings story updated with additional commentary and closing stock prices.)
Trina Solar said early Tuesday it more than doubled quarterly profits and revenue in its second quarter on record shipment volume, and expects strengthening demand for photovoltaic products to extend into 2011.
"Trina had a good quarter," Wedbush Securities analyst Christine Hersey told TheStreet, commenting on the firm's increased shipment guidance for this year and capacity expansion outlook for next.Hersey expects a 15% decline in prices next year, which could pressure the margins of some sector players. But she added that Trina will sell more units as well as reduce its costs. "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV