The Van Eck International Investors Gold Fund (INIVX) is up 9.3% year to date while gold is up 9%. The fund currently isn't offering the 3:1 or 4:1 leverage portfolio manager Joe Foster was hoping for, but his focus on growth could yield big returns as gold prices head toward $1,300.
The gold fund has 84 holdings and its top five U.S. publicly traded companies are mid- to large-cap names with strong accretive or organic expansion potential. In a recent interview, I asked Foster to reveal his top five and how he plans to outperform the gold price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV