The Claymore products will conclude trading on Sept. 10 while Grail's funds will see their last day of trading on Aug. 30. Up until these dates, investors are free to buy and sell shares of these products as they please.
Although trading will essentially go on as usual, during this time investors may start shedding shares in droves. This can cause ROB, RPQ and others to trade at a steep discount. Therefore, it will be crucial to use extreme caution.
If by Sept. 10 you still have exposure to any of the Claymore products slated for extinction, funds will be locked up until Sept. 17. This is not a reason to worry unless shares take a heavy knock.
Rather, on the 17th, shareholders will be issued a cash payout representative of the position's value as of that date. This will include any dividends and capital gains.Shares of RPQ and RFF will be redeemed for cash on Aug. 31. -- Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV