NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The ETF business is a cutthroat Darwinian one in which only the strongest products survive. Therefore, it is not unusual to see providers announcing the closing of funds which fail to generate an adequate amount of investor interest.
While this is natural trimming expected and makes for a stronger ETF industry as a whole, sometimes it is unfortunate to see a fund disappear.
In coming weeks, two ETF providers will shutter a number of funds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV