Another stock that could be setting up to breakout is VanceInfo (VIT), an information technology service provider and an offshore development company in China. This company offers IT services including R&D services, enterprise solutions, application development and maintenance, testing, as well as globalization and localization.
Shares of VanceInfo are trading up more than 1% today as the stock nears some previous overhead resistance at around $28 a share. If the stock can manage to trade above that level it would mark a brand new all-time high. This is a great sign if you're long the stock because it means shares will have no previous resistance that could stall any further upside move.
If a breakout does happen on VanceInfo, and it isn't a false move, then this stock could be just beginning a much longer term uptrend. It's worth noting that the stock sold off a few points on Aug. 17 after company issued a tepid forecast for its third-quarter earnings. That selloff came on heavy volume of 2 million shares vs. the average three-month daily volume of over 540,000 shares. It's possible that many of the sellers that wanted out of the stock in the near term got out on that move.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV