Another stock that could be setting up to breakout is VanceInfo (VIT), an information technology service provider and an offshore development company in China. This company offers IT services including R&D services, enterprise solutions, application development and maintenance, testing, as well as globalization and localization.
Shares of VanceInfo are trading up more than 1% today as the stock nears some previous overhead resistance at around $28 a share. If the stock can manage to trade above that level it would mark a brand new all-time high. This is a great sign if you're long the stock because it means shares will have no previous resistance that could stall any further upside move.
If a breakout does happen on VanceInfo, and it isn't a false move, then this stock could be just beginning a much longer term uptrend. It's worth noting that the stock sold off a few points on Aug. 17 after company issued a tepid forecast for its third-quarter earnings. That selloff came on heavy volume of 2 million shares vs. the average three-month daily volume of over 540,000 shares. It's possible that many of the sellers that wanted out of the stock in the near term got out on that move.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV