No. 1: Verizon iPhone
Android's greatest threat is that the iPhone moves to Verizon (VZ).
AT&T and Apple had access to a large swath of the market, but the biggest portion, some 92 million people, are at Verizon. Apple needs that new market to boost sales.
Verizon has forged a friendly partnership with Google to push the Droid campaign. HTC and Motorola (MOT) have supplied five Android-powered phones to Verizon and nearly all of them have been sellout successes.But Android has been seen as the iPhone alternative. If Verizon has the iPhone, it won't need as strong an alternative. --Written by Scott Moritz in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV