Top 5 Airline Anger Moments of 2010
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (TheStreet) -- It's unclear how we got here, but somehow, anger has become our country's favorite emotion.
Unfortunately, the U.S. airline industry offers a fertile breeding ground for anger. Each day, more than two million passengers push through crowded airports onto cramped flights and many take off from congested airports. Time constraints are tight. Making matters worse, the historically money-losing airline industry has been aggressively adding new fees since 2008.
This is the environment in which JetBlue (JBLU) flight attendant Steven Slater became, undeservedly, a national hero. He reacted to the surfeit of anger in society -- and the airline industry -- by getting mad.
So far, 2010 has produced more than its share of anger-provoking airline-related events. Here are our top five.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV